I like New Years Eve.
It’s a holiday that is centred around new beginnings, a fresh start. It’s a chance to reflect on the year that has just passed, to learn from your mistakes, and move on. It’s a time of great hope.
Putting 2013 behind me is very important for me. 2013 was a year where a lot changed for me, for the better. I graduated from school and began studying Science in college. I made new friends, learned a lot about myself, and became a lot stronger.
But I also spent a lot of 2013 afraid.
I was afraid to say no, afraid to say yes, afraid to speak my mind, afraid of trying new things, sometimes even afraid of trying at all. I was afraid of failing, afraid of how I felt, afraid of talking about my feelings, and afraid of what was happening inside my head. I was afraid of losing control, and when I eventually did, I was petrified.
So these are my resolutions, and goals. Some are for 2014, some are for the rest of my life.
- To run a mini marathon.
- To run 10km in 45 minutes.
- To run 5km in under 20 minutes.
- To pass first year science.
- To go to society events in college.
- To be happy, healthy, fit and strong.
- To be confident.
- To become closer to my friends.
- To stop biting my nails.
- To practice self care regularly.
- To let go of thoughts that do not make me feel empowered and strong.
- To waste less, and learn to live on what I have.
- To be more open, to engage with people and life more.
- To spend more time outdoors.
- To learn to drive.
I set up this blog today so that I can track and document the changes in my life over the next year, and beyond. 😀